This giant emperor moth was all about texture for me. Moth wings are amazingly detailed, so I had to try bumping them up for scale to really showcase that. And since there was already so much texture going on in the moth itself, I figured why not just inundate the whole plate with it and also do some fine close up bark texture behind him. I used the a la poupée method of tapping a second ink color into a plate that has already been charged with the first color to get some subtle black going on the spots and body to really pop them out. The image size is 12" x 14" (30 cm x 35.5 cm) on acid-free BFK Rives cotton rag paper that is 14" x 16" (35.5 cm x 40.5 cm).